Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What Went Wrong..... Thoughts...... Beginning of Triphasic Attempt

Alright.  I am picking up this blog again.  And there are many reasons why it stopped.  So I will begin by divulging.....  I had to kick the polyphasic cycle.  The reason stems from that missed nap (~90 min late).  I struggled to keep up my hard work, but that missed nap drug on me.  From that point forward, I could not function.  My will practically disappeared and I (for the first time in the entire experiment........)  I felt exhausted.  I was tired at other points, but it is a whole different feeling when you are completely zonked.....  That is the problem with Uberman.    You have to keep a STRICT schedule to actually accomplish it.  Don't get me wrong, I really did like it.  But even after all the hard work or scheduling it to work in my schedule.....  I was affected from an outside source......  Keep that in mind if you ever try it.  So I ended up making it till Sunday when I overslept again (by 30 minutes extra).  NOW THIS WAS WACKED OUT WEIRD.....  I think only half of my brain got the added rem.... Because half of my face was numbish....  (really, no words to describe it) while the other side was refreshed and exuberantly awake.  It was interesting.  But it was half of my head, face, eye......  (IT WAS LIKE A STROKE).... But not.... I had control of everything.  Anyway, that feeling subsided after 20ish minutes.  I cannot even guess what was happening.  But that was how messed up missing that nap was and oversleeping......

Here are my numbers of that Saturday..... First set of numbers is 2 naps before the delayed nap...... 2nd set is before the delayed nap....  3rd....delayed nap..........    the rest are afterward

1. 8 minutes DEEP     3 minutes REM     20 minutes Light
2. 5 min DEEP           5 min REM           20 min Light
3. 27 min DEEP         12 min REM         45 min Light
4. 0 min DEEP           10 min REM         20 min Light
5. 3 min DEEP           9 min REM           13 min Light
6. 2 min DEEP           16 min REM         15 min Light
7. 12 min DEEP         6 min REM           15 min Light

On to today.  Since Uberman was really never my goal, but a conditioner, I am ready to attempt my own creation of a sleep cycle.  In getting the little sleep in my previous experiment.... I realized that I was getting more deep sleep than normal and 20% of the REM I needed.  Upon this idea, I have thought through my strategy.  I am staying away from 20 min power naps as much as possible.  Sure, they can help, but in order to adapt to those lucid dreams (where your nap is almost entirely REM) you starve yourself of REM.  Like I said before..... I felt good (for 2 hours!!!!!) but my mental capacity was shot...........  ( I never truly adapted to lucid dreams)  I was still fighting REM deficiency...... (headaches.....)  I will be following a traditional sleep cycle.......  (90 min).  I talked about this before.  90 min is the amount of time that you should sleep in increments....  90, 3 hours, 4.5 hours, 6, 7.5, 9 etc....  So I wanted my body to experience the normal sleep cycles of Deep......Light......REM..... in normally occurring people.  But I want the privilege of polyphasic sleep where I spread out my naps and need less sleep.  (remember, you are charging yourself just till that next sleep opportunity.....  If you miss it, you crash and burn!!!).  So I am doing my own variation of the Everyman........but not.  I will be doing the following.

Morning Nap at 5:30 till 7:00 AM
Daily Nap around 1:30 till 3:00 PM
Evening Nap at 9:30 till 11:00 PM

and an additional graveyard nap at 1:30-3:00 AM

Excluding the graveyard nap, I will be taking a nap starting 8 hours apart  (really 6.5 hours from wake till next nap)  The graveyard nap is in-between my evening naps and is kind of like a booster nap.  This will give me the extra Cycle I need to Run at 4 sleep cycles a day.  That is 6 hours total.....  Most people can functionally do that.  They have to catch up on weekends, but it is possible (speaking of my age group....As you age, that becomes normal or even a good night for some people).  But my trick is that I will be spreading my sleep out over the day.  This should make those 4 cycles count for their max restoration.  But for me, I remember having felt so good on uberman... minus the fog of disclarity from lack of REM.... Doing this experiment.... I should have extra DEEP sleep (due to multiple times falling asleep (since I always tend to hit my DEEP sleep first)) and the REM that I get  (I am supposing around 1.1 hours initially) will be enough to keep me focused and give me my memory function until my body adjusts for more REM down the line.  This will give me my REM and hopefully it will spread out better over my day.

Now, if this doesn't work (It clearly may not), I will attempt to do a 3.5 hour graveyard section, a 90 min nap and two 30 min naps.   The problem is....with school, getting naps in is difficult with my schedule and job.  So I am hoping that this system works.  Anyway, that is my attempt.

You may be wondering why I am even attempting this if it inhibits me.  ANSWER:  my body naturally gets really tired during the day and naturally gets over active during the day.  This really is upsetting when I am sleeping normal and still have to fight off the dosing that I naturally do.  When I am on these systems, that problem goes away......  I just have to make sure that my body is taken care of.  SO in all failure, I will have to drop to the Bi-phasic system and repeat last semester (which in all honesty, was a great improvement being biphasic.  I slept 6 hours a night..........  and napped for 90 min.  7.5 hours....)

So for those out there that have sleeping discomforts, issues, or fatigue..... I am doing this for myself and hopefully you are picking up thoughts about how this could work in your life.... I will be that guinea pig.  Like I said, this system I am doing has never been done as a normal system.  This is just a experiment with my knowledge of theoretical sleep with actually body compliance.......

Lastly, I am afraid to say that my ZEO power cord was damaged.  It fried.  So I will be doing this experiment without my ZEO to guide me.  I am saddened by this, but if this works, I will get to see the finished product when i receive the replacement in 2 weeks.  :)  It is different not knowing how you slept....  I guess I am just going to have to be normal like everyone else. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment