Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 4+ A Ray Of Hope!

It worked!  It really worked.  I got 6.5 hours of sleep and felt like a champ.  I forgot that I had men's prayer breakfast this morning until around 02:30 this morning.  So I even took my final nap starting at 03:30 instead of 04:30.  Now I am not going to lie.....  I did not fall asleep immediately.....  In fact, I have noticed that I am not falling asleep immediately with any of my naps thus far....  But even so, I have realized that even though I am shooting for 6.5 hours, and getting maybe 5.8 - 6.3, I am so rested when I awake.  I have actually been waking up earlier than the alarm by up to 20 mins.  This bothered me at first, but I fall right back to sleep and awake either a minute before my alarm, or I wake with it.  So, I have no idea what my sleep has been.  But I feel rested.... My face still looks a bit fatigued initially in the morning before my shower.... but that should fix with a tad more time.  I would rather look terrible and feel good than the other way around anyway.  But that is the thing.  My girlfriend mentioned it last night and I feel it this morning too.... I am ON TOP OF THE WORLD...  I am so energetic!  I have not felt this good since highschool before the onslaught of thyroid issues took effect.  I mean that.... I am not just saying that either.  Last night could have been a fluke, but, if it isn't, then I have found a method for me from now on (as long as schedule allows for that 1:30ish nap).

Now here is even better news.... I went digging through my electronics and found a power charger that will work for my zeo.  I was going to send it away today for fixing.... FORGET THAT... I may send the plug, but that thing has some recording to do.... I am so thrilled.  That made my morning even more fulfilling.  So, I will start recording data each nap now and I hope the headband won't affect me [ I have not worn it for about 2 weeks now :( ].

 So with it being over 4 days, I feel like I finally got some GREAT results.  Trust me, the process was not as difficult as the UBERMAN was, but it still takes some dedication and will to do this (especially day 2).  But if your schedule allows, I think it is worth a shot at attempting if you are unhappy with your sleep or (like me), had issues dozing off/concentrating after eating and during parts of the day.  But you have to find your style.  As you can see, I shot for one thing, and adjusted to how my body reacted....  I know that I cannot take a nap at 1:30 AM.... If I do, that 3-5 AM time slot will kill me.  (I think that is the time that I naturally sleep deep when in monophasic).  So, I had to schedule around that.  I also, up till now, know that I need a 3.5 hour time slot instead of a 3 based on my findings of data.  Also, that I need to take a 3.5 hour nap timeslot.  (this may change when I try back at the 90min later this week or next week, but that is only because I feel that, when I am more adjusted, it is a possibility).  Not toying with that yet.  That is for future experimentation to try to get down to 4.5 hours (prob the min you can function on this triphasic approach due to only 3 naps).  Now that I have my ZEO, I feel that I can monitor to see if I change my midnight nap to a 60 min, or 30 min depending on how my readings average out.  When I see, where I get my REM and at what time and at what NAP during the day, I will tweak my schedule as needed.  This is stuff for down the road.....  But I am so pumped that I have been thinking about this non-stop and with extreme interest.

My posts (hopefully) from now on will record and portray my Zeo Data.  School will be starting Monday, so my posts may only be weekend posts with all of my week data.  Who knows, but being a Bio-Molecular major, these final classes will require some focus ha ha.  Luckily, I feel as focused now as I have ever felt.  I hope this has not bored you, clearly you are reading this blog because you know me, or are interested in the content discussed..... or my health because you care... ha ha.  But if you have any questions, feel free to comment or discuss an idea that I may not have thought of.  Like I said... For a person that has 90 minutes free mid day at some point, this cycle is possible.  even taking an 11PM-12:30AM nap with a 3.5 from 3:30-7:00  or pushing back the naps listed by another hour for traveling to work at a longer distance and being up by 6.  You get it...  and my formula is my own with some guidance here and some experimenting there.  Done my salespitch.....  Until next time I post, I am hoping to continue to rest up and get my body's optimum sleep without major REM deprivation.  I want my mind to be sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment